- 5:30 pm: "Doors Open" -- Pot luck dinner begins at 5:30 pm. We provide plates, napkins, plastic glasses and tableware, ice, water, and iced hibiscus mint tea; otherwise, bring your own beverage of choice. The food is always fabulous and the meal "reasonably" balanced. (If in doubt, bring a salad or dessert!).
- 6:30 pm: Late arrivals -- If you are not participating in the potluck dinner, plan to arrive no later than 6:30 pm in order to obtain seats before the lights go out.
pm: Show begins in our living room -- The show will typically consist of two 45-minute sets wrapped around a 30-minute break to sell CDs and other merchandise.
- 9:00 pm: End of show -- We will try to wrap things up about 9:00 pm.
Parking: We have over 400 feet of frontage along Rawhide Trail, an unlit, two
lane county road. House concert guests park along the road by
turning left into a right angle, head-in parking position. For safety,
please ensure that your rear bumper is completely off the road. Traffic cones will block off the driveways. Do not park in the driveway unless you are the artist
or need special assistance. Additional parking is available along Aria Loop, a new street intersecting Rawhide Trail directly across from our house.
Bring cash: You will need it to buy the artist's CDs and other merchandise, although most artists will also accept checks. In addition, Rawhide Trail Concerts raises money for HAAM (the Health Alliance for Austin Musicians), a very worthy cause. At most shows you will have the opportunity to:
Chairs: We have plenty of plastic resin chairs, typical
of inexpensive patio furniture, rated at 200 pound capacity. Warning: Big men like Dino
can break this type of chair rather easily, especially if they get to twisting
and rocking a bit like men tend to do. Please feel free to bring a sturdy chair
for yourself if your chair has (1) a small profile (both low and reasonably narrow), and (2) cushioned feet, to protect our hardwood floor (or bring a mat or towel to place under the chair).
- Buy raffle tickets: A $5 raffle ticket will earn you a chance to win a Rawhide Trail Concerts wine glass that is etched with the artist's name and the date to commemorate the occasion. The drawing will be held at the beginning of the second set, or about 8:15 pm.
- Buy a previously owned CD: For a $5 cash donation dropped into the HAAM jar, you may select a CD to take home from the racks in the front hall, drawn from our collection plus occasional CD donations from guests and artists. Please consider donating your used CDs to this cause.
Other questions? Email or call us at 512-301-9959.